Ok...is anyone else completely horrified at the fact that President Obama gets no respect?? I've seriously been astonished on how people have treated him and the office of the President of the United States over the last week!
First we had the whole controversy about the president's speech to the students of America...I'm still failing to see why this was an issue to begin with! Like him or not, Barak Obama is an intelligent guy...I mean, he is where he is for a reason. And CERTAINLY is an improvement over the IQ of the last 8 years, right? Never mind that fact though. I simply can't believe that parents out there would want to ban their children from hearing from the highest leader in our country when all he was doing was encouraging kids to stay in school, set goals, and work hard. Is that really socialism people??? I think not! Obviously, the children who need to hear this message the most are the kids of the parents who are so close minded that they wouldn't allow their kids to hear the president speak! Maybe you should get your heads out of your asses, open your eyes and ears and actually LISTEN to what the man is trying to say instead of teaching your children to be shut off to ideas! Why on Earth these people thought this was going to be a political speech is beyond me! That makes NO sense whatsoever! I certainly invite you to read the speech yourself if you haven't already. You can find it at http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/09/07/obama.school.speech.pdf and if you can find what the big uproar is all about, please let me know cause I'm still completely baffled!
THEN!!! Then...we come to tonight. Wed night. 09.09.09. The president's speech to Congress about health care. I realize that everyone is not going to see eye to eye all of the time. It's just not going to happen. And there's no pleasing everyone. But for a congressman to yell at the president during the middle of his speech that he "lies"??? Completely disrespectful! And unprofessional! I don't care who you are, what you think, or where you come from...everyone needs to be treated with respect. Doing that to the president?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Seriously?!?! There are very few things that piss me off and the BIGGEST one is RUDE PEOPLE!!!! And yes, Congressman Joe Wilson....you piss me off. But I wouldn't ever interrupt you to tell you that you lie or that you piss me off. Why? Cause I have more respect for people than you do. You can disagree with someone and not look be a total asshat. I think more people should try doing that.
Obama! Change! Change the asshats of the world to better people! Yes we can! We can right? No...no...I think I've just realized that there will always be asshats out there. You can't stop them. You can't help them. They are just dumbasses and the best part is they don't even realize they are fucktards. So...to you kiddos out there...please listen to Obama's speech about staying in school simply so you won't look like a ass in the future.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's funny that both of our last blog entries are about how people treat/react to Obama. Funny.
ReplyDeleteAnd it's also funny that you end addressing kids when the sentence before contained the word "fucktard". Awesome.